Thursday, October 3, 2013

What Is heArt?

The Webster's dictionary defines Art as something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings. A good definition, I mean it IS in a dictionary so that has to be what it means right? (Well maybe... they did put "swag" in the dictionary so sometimes the dictionary isn't always right.) I'm kidding (in sorts). See, to me art is anything that conveys to you a strong emotion. It could really be anything. Think of a song that really speaks to you, where the words describe your life so perfectly its scary. (If you don't like music references, my blog is definitely not for you. Music and poetry are things that I will be talking about a lot.) That song you thought of is heArt. It's not the same as art. Art encompasses everything. HeArt is when you feel the meaning in your heart and soul. Maybe you don't understand the feeling but you still feel it, that doesn't matter. Its still heArt, here's an example that I personally love.

There are so many things I wish I could say
But finding the words takes courage
Because I have none, my feelings are useless
Some think that words have no real meaning
But if they hurt, you'll be left bleeding
There are just too many things I've left unsaid
So maybe one day I'll find the strength
To face the truth of my thoughts...
But that day just isn't today
 
~Lakota Tarbox
 
The truth is sometimes hard to say or write, so music and drawing/painting or any other art form is one of the easiest ways to realize what you want to say, and how to say it. (without really "saying" it)
Anyway, that's just why I love heArt, what about you?
 
Until I write again,
Au revoir
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment