Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Importance of Writing

Once again I was on the debate site for some topics I found interesting to talk about, and I found a debate that was all one sided. "Are instant communication platforms overshadowing the art of writing letters?" Every single person said yes! I mean I agree but if so many think this, why hasn't there been a change? Personally I write letters all the time. I don't really like the whole social media thing, (although I have to admit, I'm beginning to enjoy blogging.)
I feel that if so many people think that writing letters is a dying art, then why don't people make an effort to change it? I would, and if anyone is interested in joining me that would be awesome! I don't want hand written messages to be lost, they stay around longer than a phone call or text will. And it's already bad enough most don't know how to write in cursive.  It's shameful really, it's one of the first things we learn in school and pretty much the first thing people forget. But anyway, I hope all of you will keep writing letters and make sure you never lose the intimate connection that letters to one another bring to people. Comment back if you have your own opinions or comments.

Until I write again
Au revoir,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment