Thursday, January 9, 2014

Can Comic Books Be Considered An Art?

I am going to be completely honest, I am totally bias about this topic because my favorite superhero of ALL time is the Caped Crusader, The Savior of Gotham City, The Batman. Not just the movies, but the comic book, and my favorite part of the comic books is the intense detail it takes to create all the specific comic strips, and how well the art work has to fit in the allotted boxes.
There isn't any way to describe how difficult it would be to be able to set up each box with the perfect scene, and each one has to show the person looking almost exactly the same. I believe that if someone believes that Anime is an art, than they should believe that Comic book art is just that. Art. I love both anime and comic books, and I realize that for each one, the scenes have to be individually drawn out. Almost anyone (with the right schooling) can take one drawing and turn it into an animation on the computer, but to take one drawing, and draw many like it, then make the reader see it as an animation in their minds. That, I feel, is a test of true artistic ability.

Another thing that a Comic book artist must do is take someone else's story plot and turn it into reality. Making it fit another's imagination in such a way that they feel that you've recreated what their imagination held. That is magical, and just freaking awesome!

Is there any topic that you would like me to talk about and share my thoughts on? If so please do comment or email me. Thank you for reading.

Until I write again
Au revoir,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment