Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Anime: Sexist?

If any of you out there are Anime nuts like I am, you might know some of these characters from a popular anime show called "Fruit Basket". Things people ask me a lot is "why do the female characters in anime always seem so ditsy and sexed up?" Well I'm here to tell everyone that all the anime series' that I've become obsessed with and watched have had strong female characters with stubborn qualities and pretty much underdeveloped bodies. The most explicit and sexual acts and such come from the males in the shows, and there's normally only one person who is like that. For example, in fruit basket the sexual enthusiast is Shigure Sohma. He doesn't put the moves on people but he definitely makes sexual remarks. There is almost always one character like that in every single anime series I have enjoyed.

Until I write again
Au revior,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment