Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Question Blog

              How about I start this blog with a simple question? How many of you REALLY know your family members? Now I'm not talking about aunts and uncles from Timbuktu. I'm asking about your immediate family, such as parents and siblings. Take a minute and go through this short list and see how many of these you know about each family member.
  • Favorite color
  • Favorite food
  • Favorite pastime
  • Plans for the future
              Four very simple things to know, but how many do you actually know right off the bat? As I get older I realize that knowing these things about my parents doesn't seem as important to me as it once was. I remember when I was about six or seven I always asked my parents all about themselves because is wanted to do things that interested them. Now as I watch my nine-year old brother do the same thing I did I notice how obnoxious it must have been. Today I still care about what my brothers' favorites and future plans, but mostly just so I can relate to them in some way.
             Being the only girl causes me to try extra hard to find anything and everything I cant to relate to my family. But that's just me. Many people either don't care about their family members' favorites, or know way too much about them. Personally I favor those who know too much, but that's a conversation for a later date.
 Thanks for reading!
Until Next Time
 ~LateRayne

1 comment: