Thursday, May 15, 2014

Protestor's use Art

In Russia there has been a bunch of arrests for protesting. These Protesters are using art to express themselves, and I must admit that I understand why they are being arrested. But at the same time it is Freedom of Speech and I think all are should be legal. The idea that protesters are using phallic symbols to protest amuses me, not in an artistic way, but a childish way. I feel that they are just insulting their government, not protesting it. It seems like more of a joke to me, than a real artistic protest.
In Spain there is a radical art protest group that used Sex Dolls to protest the new anti-abortion law. By using taping the mouths of the blow up dolls and laying them on the ground they're insinuating that the people of Spain have no voice, the government has "taped their mouths shut" and with trample over the massive hordes of bodies to get to where they want to be.
Until I write again
Au revior,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment