Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Is There a Difference between Art and Craft?

Some may say that an art and a craft are the same thing, this is completely false! Anyone can create art, a craft is making this art as a trade. (For a living) Yeah I make art, but it is not my craft, it'll never be what I do for a living. I'm not saying that I don't want it to be, but I just don't have the talent, nor the patients to make it into my craft. Personally I'd rather become an artist of some sort, but I just know it isn't in my future.
The reason that people mistake a craft and an art is because we use the word "artist" so people think that "oh that just be their art" but NO, it is actually their "craft". There is a difference. The definition of a craft is "the members of a skilled profession" while the definition of art is "the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance." See, there's even a difference in the definition. It's not just me who thinks that there's a difference. Even the dictionary does. If you disagree with my explanation of the difference, please comment and let me know.
Until I write again
Au revior,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment