Thursday, April 17, 2014

Should art be taken more seriously?

Once again today I was on my favorite Debate site and I noticed the question on if art should be taken more seriously. Well, I didn't know that art wasn't taken seriously in the first place. I  mean take into consideration all of the critics and museums and art plazas. There's also all the VMA's, Emmys, and Oscars, All those things are renowned all over the world and they are nothing but different kinds of art.

Visual arts: paintings, movies, photography, power points, logos, drawings, fashion, etc.
Audio arts: music, audio in movies, etc.
Written art: poetry, lyrics, stories, etc.

There are a lot of different kinds of art and maybe they don't seem like they're art but they are. That's the beauty of it is that EVERYTHING is art. The way I'm typing is even artful. It's wonderful. The whole world has the ability to be artful, but not that many see it as I do, because it seems "far fetched". But the only thing I find "far fetched" is the idea that art isn't everywhere or that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Honestly I believe that's a shame. What would people do without art? They'd have plain everything, if even that. There wouldn't be any individuality and I hate that people take this for granted.

Please comment your feelings on this topic.
Until I write again
Au revior,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment