Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fashion=Art?

What is fashion? By definition (Google) it is a popular trend, esp. in styles of dress and ornament or manners of behavior. Does that count as an art though? In my opinion it does, if one is creating a  new style it is much like music. It's a fad. Currently in our generation most of the media is on pop culture and rap. In the fashion world, our generation is obsessed with outrageous colors and all sorts of baggy clothing. To be honest, I fall in the category of fad followers. Not to fit in, but because the outrageous and random stuff I see on clothing and such makes me want to just sport it and show my uniqueness.

Now this talk of fads and such doesn't prove my point the way I'd like it too, only because it's something so trivial.. Yet isn't that how people who aren't music heads feel about music, and same with how most non-artists feel for contemporary or really any art. It's really a call of how you feel for that specific piece of artistry I guess. The way you live is the way you will see things, and that is the beauty of all this. Everything is technically art, depending on how you view it. There are definitely things that I personally do not consider art due to my own opinions. But as I will say time and time again everyone has their own opinions and I will not try and force mine on any of you, I persuade but no pushing. SO! In short, I believe fashion IS an art because of the beauty and grace involved in making everyone around the world look nice. I hope you see it as an art too.

Until I write again
Au revior,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment