Monday, December 16, 2013

Abstract: Beauty or Excuse for Art?

Abstract Art is what I blogged about last time, but I blogged about the bad side of this type of art. To be honest, when I first became obsessed with art I found abstract art stupid, and boring. I didn't get most of it. Sometimes I'm still confused by it. But there was this time that I was doing research for a class and I found some abstract art that I found more beautiful than photography (which is my favorite art form besides music.) Here are some examples:

 

So what do these paintings make you think of? Each of these bring me the feeling of great happiness, and a little sadness. I feel as though I am not seeing the world as the artist does. The artists make the work so much more lively and beautiful than it is in the real world, this is some art that moves me in a positive way. How about saddening abstract art?
Do you see that the matches represent the life cycle of a person? We start unable to stand or move on our own, then slowly we make it to the stage in our life where we are completely independent. Soon after we start to deteriorate and then die. Sad if you understand it. Lets try one more.
 
This one is of a girl submerged in water in someplace I'd assume to be her home. Like she's swimming to survive her drowning circumstances. If she gave up in anyway then she would surely drown. It represents the strength and will to survive when you are feeling so hopeless you could die.
 
Please leave comments and let me know what you think of these pictures.
 
Until I write again
Au revoir,
~Rayne

No comments:

Post a Comment